Tuesday 12 July 2016

Choco cashew cookies

Hi friends, this is yet another cookie, found in any corner shop Bakery.  I instantly liked the combo of flavour this cookie had to offer. The bitter taste of Cocoa powder combines well with  the sweet crunch of cashews.  We had a big pack of cashews lying on the refrigerator from our Goa visit.  So, fully recharged I tried this yummy cookie, they came out perfectly well.



Yet another special feature is that these cookies are made from whole wheat flour. I have used Aashirvaad aata.  So, this can be guilt-free cookies for both kids and adults.  Do try and let us know.



Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
Yield: 35 cookies

Ingredients required

  • 100 grams unsalted butter
  • 70 grams castor sugar
  • 100 grams whole wheat flour (I used Aashirvaad brand)
  • 1/2 tsp Baking soda
  • 25 grams Cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup of broken cashew pieces

Method

Add all dry ingredients like wheat flour, baking soda and cocoa powder in a bowl.  Sieve them once and keep aside.  Whisk butter and sugar together, to this add dry ingredients.  Fold in till they form a soft dough and cover them with cling wrap.  Refrigerate them for at least a day.

Next day, remove the dough from cling wrap and sandwich them in between two parchment papers.  Pre-heat the oven to 165-degree celsius.   



Roll them into 10-inches by 8-inches  rectangle.  




Peel the paper away and sprinkle cashews.




Again close this with parchment paper and gently roll till the cashews mix well with cookie dough.  



Cut these into equal sized pieces and place them on the  parchment paper lined baking tray.



I made them into 7*5 piece strips.


Bake them for about 15 minutes.  I like my cookie soft and crumbly, so I remove them a  few minutes before.

Cool them completely on wire rack.



See, how flaky they are?  They completely melted in my mouth.


Happy Baking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only