Sunday 25 August 2013

Gems & choco chip cookies

   My daughter travels by school van, and everytime I come down to help her get into the van, all I can see is ten other kindergarden kids with cute and innocent looks, smiling and waving hands at her! Everytime I look at them, I wished that I could get them some sort of snacks, chocolates or cookies prepared by me.  And finally prepared these awesome Gems n Choco Chip Cookies.

                             


   Out of the oven, these cookies were soo soft textured that I myself could hardly resist having them.  Since I prepared them for kids, I had gone too buttery which was responsible for the soft, crumbly texture.


                               




   Lateron, parcelled them and gave to van driver the following day, requesting him to distribute amongst kids.  They really enjoyed them, and varsha was soooo sad that she had to share it with her van -mates and that resulted to grab for  an single cookie!!!


Ingredients required


  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup gems/M &M chocolates

Method

In a bowl, cream up butter and sugar.  Break an egg into the creamed bowl along with vanilla essence and whisk them well



Now add in flour, about three batches and incorporate them very well without any lumps.  If needed sprinkle some water and knead them into an very fine dough.


Add in chocolate chips and knead again gently using finger tips.  Keep palm of your hand away, because this can generate heat, causing chocolate chips to dissolve, resulting in gooeyy mess!



Divide them into small sized balls, flatten  and press gems over them.



Don't they look adorable???  Bake them pre-heated oven at 170 degree celsius for fifteen to twenty minutes till the edges turn slightly brown.  Cool them over wire rack.


Store them in air-tight container, serve with cold glass of milk.










5 comments:

  1. They looks do cute...perfect treat 4 kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's very nice of you to even think about all the kids. cookies looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy love those cookies, my daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only