Thursday 4 July 2013

Nutty drizzles

    Not long before, I just had an quick time-passing walk inside an supermarket.  This book  ' 100 best delecious chocolate' really got my attention.  When I went through it, it had an awesome collections of desserts, cookies, milk-shakes, cake, pie, fudge, cupcakes  all with chocolates as its main ingredients.  One instant I felt that this entire book was designed FOR ME :) :) With stunning photographies and unique recipes, I had an firm grip on this book and purchased it too!!  (though it was tottally out of my budget!)




After I read the content of the book, my heart wished to try all 100's. Everything was lukng soo great and to add woos, i have been becoming bake-aholic these days!!  Thanks for Baking parnters community to help me develop these skills and special mention to hubby who eats whatver end product just meant to be :) :) But still I went with cookies option because they are the  most safest terms  in baking.  Just knead them as ur usual roti dough with an buttery touch and bake them.... ta da..... no egg separation !!  no whisking of egg whites!! and other complex forms.  But this nutty drizzle was soo unique that it needed lots of other nuts, wheatbran, sultanas, plain chocolates etc.  So, with a little twist to the ingredients mentioned I carried on with the preparation.






As you can see above, this is what i added apart from regular cookie dough.  They are 50 gm of mixed dry nuts & raisins, 50 gm of crushed chocos and 50 gm of milk chocolate, finely chopped.  These helped the cookies to get a nice loopy texture on top and I finally drizziled melted chocolates on cooled cookies, thereby satisfying the name of the same, 'NUTTY DRIZZLE' :)  :) 





I am soo sorry that I was not able to take pictures during my preparation.  My naughty daughter interferred in a lot, and resulted in partial hecticness to take the same.




So, now let us jump onto our recipe

Ingredients required:

  • 100 gm of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 150 gm of brown sugar, powdered
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
  • 125 gm of maida/plain flour
  • 125 gm of rolled oats
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 50 gm each of chocolate, chocos, dry nuts-raisin mix
  • 50 gm of milk chocolate, to drizzle on top

Method

Soften butter and mix it with sugar gently.  Stirr through till the mixture creams up and add in beaten egg, essence & mix.  Meanwhile sieve maida twice along with baking powder and add to this creamed up mixture.  Add in oats, chocolate, chocos, dry nuts.  Mix well.  With greased hands, form flat tiny balls and place on baking sheet.  Bake at pre-heated oven at 180 degree celsius for the first ten minutes, then reduce the temperature to 150 degree celsius and bake furthur for ten to fifteen minutes till edges are brown.




As you can see, the cookies have expanded, cool in wire rack.  Meanwhile melt chocolate in double-boiler and drizzle them on top of the cookies in zig zag pattern.  You can also add melted chocolate in icing bag and draw your own designs.  



Pack them in air-tight container and store refrigerated.  Kids wud luv to have this cookies! It can be an tea-time pleasure too!  Happy baking :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only