Wednesday 24 April 2013

Truffle glazed lychee muffins

    I like muffins a lot... Whenever I am in a Bakery shop, my hubby or I will order for muffins.  Though I have an oven of my own, I rarely experiment or practice fearing of wastage.  But, of late Baking Partners, an online baking community has boosted my baking confidence.  The monthly challenges I make, push me to try different baking products.  Out these, recent outputs is this truffle glazed lychee muffins.  These cup-cake came  out sooo well & spongy that they got out of stock on the day 1!




   Isn't it great??






One more info for diet-freakers is that this muffin has zero oil or zero butter.  Substituting brown sugar  for regular sugar  will make it even more healthier.


Ingredients required

  • 3/4 cup maida/plain flour
  • 3/4 cup - 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 tsp Baking powder
  • 2 Eggs, separated at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup lychee that is finely sliced (about 12-15 in number, reserve some slices for garnish)
  • Pinch of salt
For truffle sauce, you will need 2 tsp dark chocolate chips and 2 tsp milk

Method



 Mix in flour, sugar, baking powder and set aside.  In a deep bowl, add in 2 egg whites and beat them till foamy.  After that, add pinch of salt and beat till it forms stiff peaks.  That is if you tilt the vessel upside down, egg whites should not fall down.  Now slowly add egg yolks one after another and beat for five minutes.

Fold in lychee and dry mixture (flour-sugar-baking powder).  The consistency will be lightly thicker than idly batter.   Add these in greased muffin cups and bake at pre-heated oven for 180 degree celsius for twenty to thirty minutes.


In the meantime, melt dark chocolate with milk in an double boiler.  Spoon half tsp of sauce over muffins and top with few slices of lychee.  Set it in refrigerator.  Take it before half an hour for serving purpose


1 comment:

  1. Wow lovely lovely lychee muffins,Very beautiful clicks. Thanks for sharing Arthy...

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only