Hi, this is yet another curry from kolhapur, here since curry is white, it is less spicy when compared to taambda curry, you can serve this dish to kids. You can also spice it up by adding green chilli paste(here i didnt add any) And yes, as told before you could add this base for veggi/mutton also. This resembles some soupy consistency, so best can be had with dosas or appam.
- 250 gm of chicken
- one and half cup of chicken stock (got by pressure cooking chicken for one whistle, the remaining water makes the stock)
- 3 tsp oil
- one onion finely blended
- one tsp ginger garlic paste
- one tsp crushed cinnamon powder
- one tsp poppy seeds and 1/2 tsp sesame seeds ground into paste
- one cup coconut milk
- coriander leaves to garnish
- white pepper powder and salt to taste
Heat oil in kadai, add crushed cinnamon powder
Then chicken pieces along with chicken stock is added
Cook this till chicken gets cooked. When chicken is partially done, add poppy seed-sesame seed paste.