The pumpkin, as a whole has a varied medical properties.
You will need 1/4 cup of moong dal soaked in water, one cup of red pumpkin (deskinned and deseeded and chopped into large pieces), 1/4 cup milk, 100 gm grated jaggery, pinch of cardamon and ghee, 5-6 badam to (garnish)
First take moong dal and bhopla, pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Pumpkin offers protection against heart diseases by containing antioxidants.
- The vegetable has a laxative action, being useful in case of dyspepsia and constipation. Fried pumpkin is healthy for those who suffer from heart diseases.
- Pumpkin juice is indicated for ulcer and high acidity. It has to be drunk three times a day, half an hour before meals.
- It is also useful in cases of insomnia, having sedative properties.
- In external use, pumpkin is recommended for treating burns, inflammations and abscesses.
After pressure cooking, mash the mixture using dal masher. Cook it in simmer flame
Add grated jaggery and wait till it melts, this is followed by adding milk and cardamon powder
Serve with ghee roasted badam pieces